Pizzas Buitoni, an example of the mistakes not to be made in crisis communication.
In this type of situation, it is necessary to anticipate and :
1. Implement a strategy of total recognition. Companies must lay their cards on the table and base their strategy on understanding and listening, by saying what they know and what they don’t know.
2. Provide regular information to inform developments.
3. Involve divisional, brand and/or group leaders to convey the word and demonstrate accountability with content that :
– Takes human contingencies into account as a priority;
– Does not immediately propose compensation or financial indemnification in the face of a health and human tragedy;
– Expresses the group’s priority concern in the face of the crisis, describing the actions that are being taken to provide concrete responses and take appropriate measures.